Here is All You Need to Know about Qualitative Research Dissertation
Do you have any idea regarding research? Have you ever designed a Research dissertation? Can you predict whether quantitative or qualitative research dissertation dominates? If you are not used to of concepts concealed behind research; then you won’t be from now on as this article is going to elaborate you the importance of research in an efficient manner.
Is research necessary?
Research means systematic investigations to discover and interpret knowledge for further development of human beings. Therefore, research is vital to a community.
Qualitative vs Quantitative Research
While designing a qualitative research dissertation, one should compare qualitative and quantitative research methods in brief.
• Qualitative research is an important tool to tackle International Public Health Problems while quantitative research is ineffective to answer such problems.
• Qualitative research focuses on inside view and quantitative over outside view.
• Textual Data plays part in qualitative research whereas numerical data is used to research quantitatively.
• Open-ended inquiry is a part of qualitative research and close-ended inquiry is vital for quantitative research
• Qualitative research is comparatively flexible to quantitative research
Preceding differences clearly indicates that qualitative research methods are more fruitful for applied research as they provide valuable insights as compared to quantitative research method. Therefore, qualitative research dissertation is preferred over quantitative.
Of course, it’s not simple to collect data from each member of a community; therefore subset (sample) of population (community) is used in Qualitative research. 3 sampling techniques exist for a Qualitative research; they must be mentioned in your qualitative research dissertation.
1. Purposive Sampling: Used to research a particular sample for some purpose. E.g. Researcher may want to know: “how school kids spend their precious time at weekends”.
2. Quota Sampling: To study sample in segments. E.g. Researcher may be asked to: examine 150 males and 100 females view on a certain product between age group of 40-50.
3. Snowball Sampling: To study inaccessible people behaviors. E.g. Researcher finds only 3 civil engineers in a particular territory; then researcher might ask those engineers: Do they know more civil engineers around so that the researcher can further progress towards his/her research.
While conducting a Qualitative Research, researcher adopts some ethical guidelines as a road map for research. Those guidelines are as follow:
1. Respect autonomy of people.
2. Be beneficence to participants.
3. Communal justice to people in terms of knowledge.
It’s a good idea to discuss such guidelines in a qualitative dissertation.
Qualitative Research Methods
To make your qualitative dissertation interesting, you should incorporate several techniques associated with qualitative research. Qualitative research methods involve:
1. Participants Observation: An appropriate technique for researcher to analyze whether the behavior of people being studied is natural or unusual.
2. In-depths Interviews: Interviews with either 1 or 2 people to collect personal, sensitive or confidential information. Such interviews are ideal to research people having busy lifestyle.
3. Focus Groups: Researcher suggests a particular topic, product, issue, idea or service to evaluate people’s attributes towards it.
Advantages of Qualitative Research
It’s better to enlist the merits of qualitative research in your qualitative research dissertation to elaborate its importance. Merits of qualitative research include:
• Everyone is free to share the views.
• Researcher can’t anticipate participants.
You would have realized that qualitative research dissertation is an efficient way to study natural behaviors, therefore while preparing a qualitative research dissertation, one should overview ethics deeply.